Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kairakuen


Hey guys! Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile, but most of you know how lazy I am :). Things are good here, spring's coming, which is really exciting! We went to Kai-rak-uen park last weekend, which was gorgeous. This park has the most ume (plum) trees in all of Japan-over 3,000. Anyways, the trees started blooming a few weeks ago so we went for the Ume Festival.



There was also a house there, built by an emperor (I think) called a Kobuntei. I really loved that house-I told Brian I wanted him to buy it for me. I don't think the Japanese government would go for it though.





The rooms all had sliding doors (like we have, I don't know what they're called) painted by famous Japanese artists. They were amazing...






Anyways, that's it for now-I gotta get to work. Take care!! Laura :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Beautiful pictures Laura...we can hardly wait to see some of these sights when we come!