Saturday, September 27, 2008

Update

'Sup? Things are good here. Got my car this week! Very exciting. I actually really enjoy driving in Japan. I HATED driving at home, but I find driving on the left side very natural. Brian is sure I'm going to kill myself or my car, but I'm confident in my driving ability. I'll post pics of our cars soon. Mine's cute, but weird. It's super tiny, which is awesome cuz roads are super tiny as well.

As I write this, I'm sipping on a peach wine cooler. It's freakin' amazing. They have SO many different coolers here, which seem to be constantly changing. I understand why Japanese peeps are alcoholics, the alcohol is tasty! It's really low alcohol % though, most drinks are only about 4%.

We went to Tokyo earlier this week, which was a blast! The first time you go, it's just exhausting because there's SO much to see. Your eyes never get a break. While we were there, we got cell phones. We had to pay for them up front because we're foreigners, but because we got a plan, they were only 1/2 price. Still though, I didn't expect to have to pay for 2 phones, which kinda sucked. Oh well!

We went to this fantastic store in Tokyo that sells are sorts of gimmicky things including costumes & electronic knick-knacks. I HAVE to get 1 thing, which is a "humping dog" for one's usb drive. Video to come shortly :). People, or I should say women, dress...differently in Tokyo. They go to this one district to strut their outfits, which are often outrageous. Short shorts & miniskirts are apparently all the rage, but cleavage is not so popular.

We're really stoked cuz we have some visitors booked to come see us. My parents are coming end of October, which we have off (for about a week me thinks). We're going to go to Disneyland, Tokyo, probably Kyoto. Don't know where else yet. And Shay's coming to visit us in the spring-yay! Hopefully we'll have some time off when she comes, but won't know for about another month. We will probably have two more special guests making an appearance in early December, but I don't know if they've booked their tickets yet.

It's starting to get chilly here. I don't know if it's actually getting chilly, or if I've just grown so accustomed to 30 degree weather that I think 18 degrees is cold. It's still humid though. It's weird, you can't really "drip dry" dishes here. And laundry takes 2x as long to dry (no driers here, everything is hung to dry).

We have our net now hooked up, it's supposed to be super fast. But what the hell do I know about the internet/computers/modems? Anyways, we have a Skype account, so feel free to msg me if you ever want to webcam or microphone it up. We have cells now too, which don't cost us anything when we're called, so let me know if you want our numbers!

We're going to Tokyo again tomorrow. It was Bri's birthday yesterday so we're going in to get his birthday present. Hopefully all goes well!

Take care!

3 comments:

Brian said...

I don't think you'll kill yourself, just end up in a ditch:P

Anonymous said...

Awesome update, Lady!:) By the way, I need to see a pic of you in this car!

Orion_skie said...

Chloe tried to bite the humping dog when Luc put it in the USB. Emma just sniffed it and Mickey looked afraid.