Monday, September 29, 2008

Birthday

So we went to Tokyo today to get my birthday present, wander, and go for dinner. We had planned on picking up a bass for me to practice on here even before leaving Canada, but nothing was really available in our initial price range. While looking in Tokyo earlier this week I found a 5-string Ibanez SR305. It was outside of the range, so Laura got it for my bday present (which kicks ass as I had no freakin' clue what I might want. An extra bass string hit the spot just right). Anyway, here's a pic (click for full size).

It may look black but its colour is 'Iron Pewter'. It has flecks in the finish that don't really show in the pic.

We also went for dinner at the Australian Outback steakhouse. It was quite satisfying to eat a steak. It's not very doable outside of a steakhouse seeing as beef is bloody expensive here (pic below-click for full size). It was actually cheaper for the whole meal than just the steak below.

Laura rocks!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow! Laura got you an awesome birthday present! Very nice. I just got all caught up on your blog since I've been offline for so long. Can't wait to see pics of your cars and yuck to the mall bathroom dessert lol Don't send me the recipe k. Hope there are no more earthquakes while your there.