Hey ya'll!
We're in Beijing. It's freakin' CRAZY here. Initial impressions:
1-smog is about a million times worse that you read about.
2-people drive like they have a death wish.
3-things are uber cheap.
4-it's more like Mexico than anywhere I've been.
5-everything's covered in a thin layer of dirt, but I haven't seen anything disgusting yet.
6-...let's just say that people in Japan are really nice ;-).
We climbed the Great Wall today. It's was totally epic. Amazing. Maybe the most amazing thing I've ever done/seen. We hired a private tour guide and driver for the day-it was about...$90? For like 7 hours. They took us to the wall, a silk factory (where we bought some stuff) and to a tea ceremony. The teas were amazing, but I only bought one. We bought some stuff at the wall too (souvenir-y type stuff).
Anyways, I'm starving for some Pekin Duck, so I'm outta here. I'm soooooooo tired from today, so I think I'll be crashing early. More posts later!!
Laura :O
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It all sounds amazing! So glad you guys got to experience this while you were in that part of the world!!
Post a Comment